Beechworth 100% owned project consists of 4 exploration licenses covering 459 sq km.
The current Beechworth Tenement is 36 sq km. Harrietville Exploration License application (EL007413) of 247 km2 was accepted in November 2020. Myrtleford Exploration License (EL007420) of 118 km2 was granted on 11/2/2022. Lady Jane Exploration License application (EL007674) of 58 km2 was submitted in June 2021.
Project lies on the border of the Tabberabbera and Omeo Zones
of the Lachlan Fold Belt. Gold mineralization is hosted by Ordovician sediments as mesozonal orogenic deposits. Some evidence of intrusion related gold mineralization exists at Hillsborough, with visible gold found in granite rock float material.
Ongoing exploration is occurring at Hillsborough
As well as within the recently granted Myrtleford tenement
- Beechworth Exploration License (EL4697) was acquired from Northern Mine Ventures in 2020
- Retention License Application (RL006013) acquired by Northern Mine Ventures is in application to extend the period of exploration
- Project lies on the border of the Tabberabbera and Omeo Zones of the Lachlan Fold Belt
- Exploration is ongoing at the Hillsborough group of prospects, including Perseverance, Taff, Homeward Bound and Bon Accord former gold mines.
- Drill permits for the Wallaby group of prospects remain to be approved.
The new zone of mineralization is north and slightly west of the main zone of mineralization to the south where the main set of workings including the former main shaft occur.
No previous mining is known to occur in this new extension area.
The new drill intercepts include;
- HBRC17: 5m at 4.1 g/t Au from 175m including 1m at 18.6 g/t Au.
- HBRC18: 10m at 0.6 g/t Au from 220m prior to the hole being abandoned before the targeted mineralization due to drilling conditions in the Great Fault
These drillholes were drilled as a follow up to earlier FSX drilling:
- HBDH01: 8.6m at 5.2 g/t Au from 194.6m
- HBRC21: 8m at 3.7 g/t Au from 202m
PROSPECT AREAS – BON ACCORD
No previous mining has occurred in this area.
The drill intercepts include;
- BHVP35: 4m at 6.9 g/t from 33m including 2m at 13.6 g/t Au.
- BHVP30: 13m at 4.7 g/t Au from 59m including 1m at 20.9 g/t Au and 8m at 4.8 g/t Au.
- BHVP12: 5m at 6.7 g/t Au from 133m
A slight offset in the deeper drill intercept is interpreted as the result of late-stage crosscutting faults which are known to occur in the area as at the nearby Homeward Bound prospect.