An epizonal gold-antimony-arsenic mineralized project
which has the best potential to be the southern extension of the Fosterville Goldfield Belt, outside of Kirkland Lake’s extensive tenements.
Lauriston tenement contains the south extension of the Whitelaw Fault & Gold Belt
which is a key feature of the Bendigo Goldfield, while Catalyst Metals are exploring the 75km northern extension of this structure with significant success.
- High-grade goldfields with successful production histories
- Various epizonal prospects with the right Au-As-Sb signature
- Gold mineralization hosted by Ordovician slates and sandstones as well as igneous dykes
- Northern areas with minimal modern exploration
- Southern areas host part of the Blackwood Goldfield with encouraging wide low grade drilling & trenching results
RUSSELL’S REEF LONG SECTION
- Russell’s Group of Mines with mine plans
- No drilling
- Consistent stoping, consistent grade.
- Stacked trough reefs were worked to 330m depth.
- These structures continued to repeat at depth.
- The mines produced 45,098 tons for 33,500 ounces at a grade of 22.7 g/t Au and at 105 ounces per vertical meter.
- Parallel fold related reef systems occur
- Stibnite reported
DRILL TARGETS AT LAURISTON
(Au-Sb-As Fosterville Style)
→ Percussion drilling as follow up to previous trenching (eg 24m @ 0.99g/t)
→ Size potential @ 1000 meters long = ~62500 tonnes per vertical meter
→ Exploring for high grades within 1000m depth, as at Fosterville
→ Percussion drilling of trenching targets (eg 15m @ 0.8g/t)
→ 2km mineralized quartz porphyry dyke as at Robbin’s Hill, Fosterville
→ Traced and partially mined saddle reefs for 2.5km length NW of Russell’s Reef
→ Produced 54667t for 31626oz to 114m at 277 oz per vertical meter at 17.7g/t
→ Percussion drilling along the line of workings for both open cut and underground targets
TROJAN & COMET PROSPECTS
→ Percussion drilling follow up on previous drilling and trenching results presented below
→ Initial percussion drilling of surface projected positions of mineralized shoots
→ Traced and partially mined saddle reefs for 3.7km length east of Russell’s Reef